Saturday, March 26, 2005

Discovering Delhi II

India and Pakistan are still slugging it out on the cricket field, but I'm back in Delhi. Took three days off before getting back onto the desk, but there was no R & R for me. Rest Day 1 saw me and flatmate bike down to Gurgaon amidst chaotic Delhi traffic on some of the best roads I've been on. On Rest Day 2 I trekked all across Connaught Place till heavy breathing interfered with my general feeling of well-being. And yesterday, me and another flatmate went off on another of those Discover Delhi jaunts. We loped along to the Safdarjung Tomb, and spent a couple of hours walking in Lodhi Gardens. It was pleasant enough although we did stumble over the odd couple making out here and there.

The more I think of leaving Delhi, the more reasons I find to stick around!

4 comments:

Ostrich said...

Discoering Delhi eh? Quite a task. Its all good as long as you don't run into the strange plastic yuppies whose first questions to you are "what does you daddy do" and " what car do you drive"... Those are just AWFUL!

Anonymous said...

Lope on :-)

smoke said...

happy birthday to youu
happy birthday to youuu
happy birthday
happy birthday
kunda turns 27 yay yay

sorry I couldn't make it. but big hug nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

Oh no... when ...?? happy birthday!!!! Don't forget good ol' malleswaram though........