Sunday, February 22, 2004

Write or wrong?

I just realized this whole blog is crap (Whoever said the truth will set you
free?) It's like this - I've forgotten to write well. Maybe I never even knew in the first place.
3 years of work ex in broadcast journalism, and I can write only in a certain
way. The formula goes like this:

First you think of a short sentence that will hook the reader, the shorter the better.
Then you qualify that, with another short sentence. Okay now that you have two lines,
writing the third, fourth & fifth line is easy. In five minutes, you've composed a couple of paragraphs.
Now you look for an easy ending. Once again, you seek refuge in that short sentence that will wrap
everything up neatly. If you can't think of something suitable, you finish with a self-deprecatory line
that need not be about anything specific. Even this entry is typical.
The whole thing won't usually take more than a minute and a half to read - just
like a typical broadcast script.

Maybe if I keep doing this I'll turn it into an art form, like haiku or something...

No comments: