Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Floatsam & Jetsam

It's 2:16 am in office, my shift is long over, but being a compulsive workaholicafterworkhours, I've been scratching about
at the sports desk (did I mention I work in TV?) eyeing the new shift people with karmic indifference and a satiated air.
My mind casts back to yesterday, when I saw two American war films in pre 20th century era...

The first of these was Cold Mountain, nominated for an Oscar this year in just about every category. Nice film, well-shot,
cleanly edited, nothing bad with the script and great performances. But somehow it failed to shake the very core of my being.
The other was The Patriot, winner of, what was it- 2 Oscars?? Anyway, the film irritated me. Typical Mel Gibson swashbuckler
without the swashbuckle.

What's happening to me? I normally love even crappy films. Am I getting to be like, discerning?

No comments: