Sunday, January 25, 2004

No fiction please

No more stories please, only non-fiction. That's been my resolution this year.
The idea is to read only essays, autobiographies, magazines and newspapers -
something that I can't do if I'm busy burrowing my nose in a Dick Francis thriller,
Fantasy novel, British fiction or Sci-Fi.

In keeping with the mood, I started 'Living to tell the tale' the first part of Gabriel Garcia Marquez's
autobiography. A few pages later I jettisoned the idea, because the prose was too delicious and
hence to be savoured later.
In a more pragmatic manner, I re-read Lee Iacocca's autobiography and have started
on what is proving to be a fascinating read - "The story of my experiments with truth".
Yes, I'm reading grandaddy Gandhi's autobiography. More on that later.
And I've also read two cover stories and many newspaper editorials.

Now if I could only do the abdominal crunches as well...



No comments: