Tuesday, January 04, 2005

The blogs I read

Soon it will be 1 year since I first started blogging. And I thought it would be appropriate if I spoke about my favourite places on the web. My daily regimen on the Net these days is - check mail, check blogs. And I've come to realise that the best writing in these blogs doesn't necessarily come from people who can spell words decently.

1. Criminalenglish - Live!

Well this blog belongs to JP, an old friend from Bangalore. He's probably the best wordsmith I personally know, and criminalenglish has loads of stuff on SF, Fantasy and of course random ramblings.

2. Belle de jour

Guardian.co.uk pointed me to this one - the writing's great. There's a book deal happening too, and belle seems to be back after a longish break.

3. Scorpy23

Okay this 23 year old DOESN'T write very well. But he sounds a bit like Adrian Mole. It helps that I know him personally too...

4. Psychosis

Psychosis is food for your id. But she's off blogging for now. And she's even deleted her blog because it got a little too controversial.

5. Karmic_Discord and Bellweather Cat

These are two different people on two different blogs. The only reason I clubbed them together is due to their fondness for verse. And my fondness for their musings.

6. Paperpuli

The frontman of Thermal and a Quarter (probably one of India's finest bands) occasionally talks about life and the photographs he takes.

7. Opinionator

Psychosis thinks Opinionator is the cleverest fella she knows. Also known as the Speculator and simply 'Milk' he expounds upon life, when he's not playing agent provocateur. What do you think?

8. Mothball and Just breathe...

These two once-upon a time classmates like to write about life and working in a 24 hour tv channel. One lives in Delhi and the other in Bangalore.

3 comments:

B2 said...

Hi - just visiting. Saw your comment on my blog; not sure if that's an insult... or something else. Oh well. Happy blogging!

Deep said...

Honoured that you've thought my blog link-worthy. Actually my first brush with recognition... outside the idiot-box, that is.

Thanks!

JP said...

The best wordsmith you personally know? I sudenly need to kiss you and then give you a tight slap...know what I mean.

Hey - is that Big Man Deepu you've linked to? Sweet!The Mothball link leads back to Bruce's blog, btw.